Certified Translation Services for Accountants

When planning to practice accountancy in a foreign country, you may need to provide certified translations of your documents to the relevant professional bodies.

If you have qualified abroad and you’re looking to work in the UK as a chartered accountant, you may need to provide a number of certified translations of your original documents when registering with accountancy regulation bodies.

Dialexy provides certified translation services for accountants. With our easy-to-use platform, Dialexy can provide a no-obligation quote for high-quality certified translations in just three simple steps.

Click the button below to get started with Dialexy, or read on for more information about when and why you may need to provide certified translations to work as an accountant in the UK.

Get started

Translations for the Institute of Chartered Accountants

To practise as a chartered accountant in the UK, you must also hold a qualification from a recognised body such as Associate Chartered Accountant (ACA) qualification from the ICAEW. Other qualifications providers include Institute of Chartered Accountants of Scotland (ICAS), Associate Chartered Certified Accountant (ACCA) and Chartered Institute of Management Accountant (CIMA). These qualifications demonstrate you have rigorous knowledge and experience in accountancy.

If you have trained or practiced as a chartered accountant in a country other than the UK, you may be able to carry over credit and shorten the process of gaining your qualification in the UK. For example if you are looking to take the ACA, you will be able to apply for Credit for Prior Learning (CPL). The ICAEW have a handy tool which you can access here, which will let you know which qualifications you have that can be carried over with credit to the ACA course.

When providing evidence of your previous work experience or qualifications, you may also need to provide certified translations of your official documents. These documents may include:

  • Professional references
  • Documents showing membership of an overseas accountancy body
  • Degree certificates or academic transcripts.

Dialexy’s easy-to-use platform can help you to get the certified translations you need for your CPL application, with a no-obligation quote. 

Requirements to Practise as an Accountant in the UK

Anyone looking to practise as an accountant in the UK must also hold a practising certificate from a recognised body such as ICAEW in England and Wales or ICAS in Scotland . 

For example with the ICAEW, this certificate confirms that you are an experienced member and meet the requirements for practising in the UK. When applying for a practising certificate, you will have to provide evidence of your membership, your qualification to practise as an accountant and your fitness for practice. 

If you are an accountant within the EU and have membership of a professional accountancy body, you may be able to apply for recognition under the Statutory Audit Directive – this will allow you to provide audit services in the UK, without the need for recognised body membership or a practising certificate.

Applying for recognition will require the provision of a number of certified translations of official documents, including:

  • Confirmation of membership to a professional accountancy body
  • Birth certificate
  • Evidence of professional and academic qualifications
  • Letters of good standing

Get in touch with the team at Dialexy today for certified translations for accountants to practice in the UK or get started by clicking the button below.

Find out more

Getting translations with Dialexy

If you need any more information on the documents discussed throughout this page, take a look at some of our other relevant articles here:

If you’re ready to get started click here, or if you’re looking for more information or help with the certified translation process, please get in touch, and we will be happy to help.

Order translations